Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We haz skywets






While the photo doesn't show it too well, it's raining, still. Heavy sodden rain. And it's very warm and muggy. Melbourne doesn't do muggy. Well it didn't when I moved here from Queensland (which is why I moved here, in part, from Queensland). Talking of Queensland, it's been raining there too. Lots. For weeks and weeks. So much so there is massive, drastic flooding across a great deal of the state. Toowoomba was badly impacted earlier this week, and is pertinent to me, as my mother and sister (and her paint horses) live just out of Toowoomba. Toowoomba is also where my parents met, but that's another story. Fortunately my sister and her horses are safe, just cut off from civilisation, which would probably suit them in some ways!

Closer to home, I've not been rugging Maz in this weather. She is prone to chilling, especially when wet, but when it's consistently over 20 degrees and very high humidity overnight, she'd get wetter under a light waterproof, than without one. Because of the weather, and life, Maz has had little work since the apple bribing episode. But she is happy and content, and was perfectly obliging when I soaked her seedy toed hoof in a big yellow bucket of seedy toe killer after the trimmer had been last night. She continues to surprise me. I expected her to cope for a little while then get bored and cranky but instead, she chilled out, foot in bucket, while I scratched her whither, until it was time up. And then I had to really ask her to lift her leg to remove the bucket from under her. Funny girl. Their understanding never ceases to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment